The Xiaomi Mi 10T is part of Xiaomi’s Mi 10 series, which is known for offering high-end specifications at a competitive price point. Here’s an in-depth review of the Xiaomi Mi 10T:
Launched in 2020, the Xiaomi Mi 10T is positioned as a flagship device within Xiaomi’s lineup, aiming to provide users with top-tier performance, camera capabilities, and design aesthetics without breaking the bank.
- Operating System: Shipped with Android 10, with Xiaomi’s MIUI 12 on top.
- Display: 6.67-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a 144Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865.
- Memory: Options of 6/8 GB RAM with 128 GB internal storage.
- Camera: Triple rear camera setup – 64 MP primary sensor, 13 MP ultrawide lens, and 5 MP macro sensor. The front camera is a 20 MP shooter.
- Battery: 5000 mAh non-removable battery with 33W fast charging.
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers, 5G connectivity, and Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Display: The 144Hz refresh rate ensures a buttery-smooth user experience, making scrolling and animations feel extremely fluid.
- Performance: Powered by the Snapdragon 865, the device handles everything from daily tasks to intensive gaming seamlessly.
- Battery Life: The 5000 mAh battery ensures long-lasting usage, suitable for users who are on the go.
- Camera Capabilities: The 64 MP primary camera captures detailed shots, and the overall camera setup offers versatility for different shooting scenarios.
- Value for Money: Given its specifications, the device offers excellent value, especially when compared to other phones in the same price range.
- IPS LCD Display: While the 144Hz refresh rate is a standout feature, the use of an IPS LCD panel instead of AMOLED might be a downside for some users who prefer deeper blacks and more vibrant colors.
- MIUI Experience: While MIUI offers a range of features, it might come across as heavy for users who prefer a stock Android experience. Additionally, there have been reports of occasional ads in the UI.
- No Wireless Charging: The device does not support wireless charging, which some users might expect in this price range.
- No Official IP Rating: The device lacks an official IP rating for water and dust resistance.
Comparisons to Other Technologies:
In its price bracket, the Xiaomi Mi 10T faced competition from:
- OnePlus 8T: Offering a 120Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 865, and a versatile camera setup.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Featuring a 120Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 865 (or Exynos 990 depending on the region), and a versatile camera setup.
- Realme X50 Pro: With its 90Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 865, and a 64 MP primary camera.
The Xiaomi Mi 10T was announced in September 2020.
- Software Experience: Some users reported occasional lags and stutters in MIUI, especially with third-party apps.
- Camera Processing: While the hardware is impressive, some users felt the camera software processing could be inconsistent, especially in challenging lighting conditions.
- Weight: Given the large battery and the overall build, some users found the device to be a bit on the heavier side.
The Xiaomi Mi 10T is a commendable offering in the flagship segment, especially for users who prioritize a high refresh rate display and solid performance. With its 144Hz display, reliable performance, and impressive camera setup, it provides a balanced smartphone experience for its price. While there are certain areas where compromises are evident, such as the display technology and lack of wireless charging, the overall package is compelling for those seeking a balance between features, performance, and price. For users who want flagship features without the typically associated flagship price tag, the Xiaomi Mi 10T is a strong contender.