The Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro is part of Xiaomi’s Mi 10 series, which aims to offer flagship-level features at a competitive price point. Here’s an in-depth review of the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro:
Launched in 2020, the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro was introduced as a more affordable alternative to the Mi 10 Pro, offering a mix of high-end specifications and features tailored for users seeking performance and camera capabilities.
- Operating System: Shipped with Android 10, with Xiaomi’s MIUI 12 on top.
- Display: 6.67-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a 144Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865.
- Memory: Options of 8 GB RAM with 128/256 GB internal storage.
- Camera: Triple rear camera setup – 108 MP primary sensor, 13 MP ultrawide lens, and 5 MP macro sensor. The front camera is a 20 MP shooter.
- Battery: 5000 mAh non-removable battery with 33W fast charging.
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers, and 5G connectivity.
- Camera Capabilities: The 108 MP primary sensor offers detailed shots and versatile photography capabilities.
- Performance: Powered by the Snapdragon 865, the device delivers smooth and responsive performance across tasks.
- Display: The 144Hz refresh rate ensures ultra-smooth visuals, making it great for gaming and general usage.
- Battery Life: The 5000 mAh battery ensures the phone lasts through a full day of moderate to heavy use.
- Value for Money: Given its specifications, the device offers excellent value, especially when compared to other flagship phones in the same price range.
- IPS LCD Display: Unlike the Mi 10 Pro’s AMOLED display, the Mi 10T Pro uses an IPS LCD. While it’s high-quality, it doesn’t offer the deep blacks and vibrant colors of an AMOLED.
- MIUI Experience: While MIUI offers a plethora of features, it might come across as heavy for users who prefer a stock Android experience. Additionally, there have been reports of occasional ads in the UI.
- Lack of Wireless Charging: The Mi 10T Pro does not support wireless charging.
Comparisons to Other Technologies:
In its price bracket, the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro faced competition from:
- OnePlus 8T: Offering a 120Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 865, and a cleaner software experience with OxygenOS.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Featuring a 120Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 865 (or Exynos 990 depending on the region), and a versatile camera setup.
- Realme X50 Pro: With its 90Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 865, and 65W fast charging.
The Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro was announced in September 2020.
- Software Experience: Some users reported occasional lags and stutters in MIUI, especially with third-party apps.
- Camera Processing: While the 108 MP sensor is impressive, some users felt the camera software processing could be inconsistent, especially in challenging lighting conditions.
- Weight: Due to the large battery and camera module, some users found the device to be slightly on the heavier side.
The Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro is a commendable offering in the flagship segment, especially for users who prioritize camera capabilities and performance. With its high-refresh-rate display, robust performance, and impressive camera setup, it provides a balanced smartphone experience for its price. While there are certain areas where compromises are evident, such as the display technology and lack of wireless charging, the overall package is compelling for those seeking a balance between features, performance, and price. For users who want flagship features without the typically associated flagship price tag, the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro is a strong contender.