The Realme X50 Pro is part of Realme’s X-series lineup, which aims to offer flagship-level features at a more affordable price point. Here’s an in-depth review of the Realme X50 Pro:
Launched in early 2020, the Realme X50 Pro was one of the first smartphones to offer 5G capabilities in its price segment. It was positioned as a flagship device, aiming to provide users with top-tier performance, camera capabilities, and a high-refresh-rate display.
- Operating System: Shipped with Android 10, with Realme UI on top.
- Display: 6.44-inch Super AMOLED with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a 90Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865.
- Memory: Options ranging from 6 GB to 12 GB RAM with storage options of 128 GB and 256 GB.
- Camera: Quad rear camera setup – 64 MP primary sensor, 12 MP telephoto lens, 8 MP ultrawide lens, and 2 MP depth sensor. The front camera setup includes a 32 MP primary shooter and an 8 MP ultrawide lens.
- Battery: 4200 mAh non-removable battery with 65W SuperDart fast charging.
- Other Features: In-display fingerprint scanner, 5G connectivity, dual stereo speakers, and UFS 3.0 storage.
- Performance: Powered by the Snapdragon 865, the device handles everything from daily tasks to intensive gaming seamlessly.
- Fast Charging: The 65W SuperDart charging can juice up the phone from 0% to 100% in just about 35 minutes.
- Display: The 90Hz Super AMOLED display ensures a smooth and vibrant user experience.
- Camera Capabilities: The versatile camera setup offers a range of shooting scenarios, from ultrawide selfies to zoomed-in shots.
- Value for Money: Given its specifications, the device offers excellent value, especially when compared to other phones in the same price range.
- No Wireless Charging: Despite its flagship positioning, the device lacks wireless charging capabilities.
- No Official IP Rating: The device does not have an official IP rating for water and dust resistance.
- Realme UI: While Realme UI offers a range of features, it might come across as heavy for users who prefer a stock Android experience.
Comparisons to Other Technologies:
In its price bracket, the Realme X50 Pro faced competition from:
- OnePlus 8: Offering a 90Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 865, and a cleaner software experience.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Featuring a 120Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 865 (or Exynos 990 depending on the region), and a versatile camera setup.
- Xiaomi Mi 10: With its 90Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 865, and a 108 MP primary camera.
The Realme X50 Pro was announced in February 2020.
- Software Experience: Some users reported occasional lags and stutters in Realme UI, especially with third-party apps.
- Camera Processing: While the hardware is impressive, some users felt the camera software processing could be inconsistent, especially in challenging lighting conditions.
- Heating Issues: Some users reported the device getting warm during extended gaming sessions or while using the camera for prolonged periods.
The Realme X50 Pro is a commendable offering in the flagship segment, especially for users who prioritize performance and fast charging. With its 90Hz display, reliable performance, and impressive camera setup, it provides a balanced smartphone experience for its price. While there are certain areas where compromises are evident, such as the lack of wireless charging and an official IP rating, the overall package is compelling for those seeking a balance between features, performance, and price. For users who want flagship features without the typically associated flagship price tag, the Realme X50 Pro is a strong contender.