The Realme X7 Pro is part of Realme’s X-series lineup, which is known for offering a blend of performance, camera capabilities, and design at a competitive price point. Here’s an in-depth review of the Realme X7 Pro:
Launched in 2020, the Realme X7 Pro is positioned as a premium mid-range device within Realme’s lineup, aiming to provide users with a combination of solid performance, camera capabilities, and modern design aesthetics.
- Operating System: Shipped with Android 10, with Realme UI on top.
- Display: 6.55-inch Super AMOLED with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1000+.
- Memory: Options of 6/8 GB RAM with 128/256 GB internal storage.
- Camera: Quad rear camera setup – 64 MP primary sensor, 8 MP ultrawide lens, 2 MP macro camera, and a 2 MP depth sensor. The front camera is a 32 MP shooter.
- Battery: 4500 mAh non-removable battery with 65W fast charging.
- Other Features: In-display fingerprint scanner, 5G connectivity, USB Type-C port, and stereo speakers.
- Display: The 120Hz Super AMOLED display ensures a smooth and vibrant viewing experience, making scrolling, animations, and media consumption a pleasure.
- Performance: The MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ chipset provides smooth performance for everyday tasks and gaming, with the added benefit of 5G connectivity.
- Fast Charging: The 65W fast charging can charge the device rapidly, ensuring minimal downtime.
- Camera Capabilities: The 64 MP primary camera captures detailed shots, and the overall camera setup offers versatility for different shooting scenarios.
- Value for Money: Given its specifications, the device offers excellent value for its price.
- Realme UI: While Realme UI offers a range of features, some users might prefer a cleaner software experience.
- Lack of Wireless Charging: The device does not support wireless charging, which some users might expect in this price range.
- No Official IP Rating: The device lacks an official IP rating for water and dust resistance.
Comparisons to Other Technologies:
In its price bracket, the Realme X7 Pro faced competition from:
- OnePlus Nord: Offering a 90Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 765G, and a versatile camera setup.
- Samsung Galaxy M51: Featuring a Super AMOLED Plus display, Snapdragon 730G, and a massive 7000 mAh battery.
- Xiaomi Mi 10T: With its 144Hz IPS LCD display, Snapdragon 865, and a 64 MP primary camera.
The Realme X7 Pro was announced in September 2020.
- Software Experience: Some users reported occasional lags and stutters in the Realme UI, especially with third-party apps.
- Camera Processing: While the hardware is decent, some users felt the camera software processing could be inconsistent, especially in low-light scenarios.
- Heating Issues: Some users reported the device getting warm during extended gaming sessions or while using the camera for prolonged periods.
The Realme X7 Pro is a commendable offering in the premium mid-range segment, especially for users who prioritize a high refresh rate display and solid performance. With its 120Hz AMOLED display, reliable performance, and fast charging, it provides a balanced smartphone experience for its price. While there are certain areas where compromises are evident, such as the software experience and lack of wireless charging, the overall package is compelling for those seeking a balance between features, performance, and price. For users who prioritize display quality and camera capabilities, the Realme X7 Pro is a strong contender in the premium mid-range market.