The Mi 11X is part of Xiaomi’s Mi 11 series, which offers a range of devices from mid-range to flagship. The Mi 11X is positioned as a premium mid-range device, providing a blend of performance and features at a competitive price point. Here’s an in-depth review of the Mi 11X:
Launched in 2021, the Mi 11X aims to offer a flagship-like experience without the flagship price tag. It focuses on providing a high-refresh-rate display, solid performance, and a versatile camera setup.
- Operating System: Shipped with Android 11, with Xiaomi’s MIUI 12 on top.
- Display: 6.67-inch Super AMOLED with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 870.
- Memory: Options of 6/8 GB RAM with 128 GB internal storage.
- Camera: Triple rear camera setup – 48 MP primary sensor, 8 MP ultrawide lens, and 5 MP macro sensor. The front camera is a 20 MP shooter.
- Battery: 4520 mAh non-removable battery with 33W fast charging.
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers, 5G connectivity, and Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Display: The 120Hz Super AMOLED display ensures a vibrant and smooth user experience, making scrolling, animations, and media consumption a pleasure.
- Performance: The Snapdragon 870 chipset, while not the top-tier Snapdragon 888, still offers robust performance for everyday tasks and gaming.
- Battery Life & Charging: The 4520 mAh battery combined with the efficient chipset ensures good battery life, and the 33W fast charging ensures a quick recharge.
- Value for Money: Given its specifications, the device offers excellent value for its price, especially when compared to other phones in the same price range.
- Stereo Speakers: The stereo speakers provide a richer audio experience compared to single-speaker setups.
- MIUI Experience: While MIUI offers a plethora of features, it might come across as heavy for users who prefer a stock Android experience. Additionally, there have been reports of occasional ads in the UI.
- Camera Performance: While the camera setup is versatile, the performance might not be on par with flagship devices, especially in challenging lighting conditions.
- No Expandable Storage: The device does not support microSD cards, which means users are limited to the built-in storage options.
- No Official IP Rating: The device lacks an official IP rating for water and dust resistance.
Comparisons to Other Technologies:
In its price bracket, the Mi 11X faced competition from:
- OnePlus 9R: Offering a 120Hz AMOLED display, Snapdragon 870, and a versatile camera setup.
- Realme X7 Pro: Featuring a 120Hz AMOLED display, MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ chipset, and a 64 MP primary camera.
- Samsung Galaxy A72: With its 90Hz Super AMOLED display, Snapdragon 720G, and a versatile camera setup with optical zoom.
The Mi 11X was announced in April 2021.
- Software Experience: Some users reported occasional lags and stutters in MIUI, especially with third-party apps.
- Camera Processing: While the hardware is decent, some users felt the camera software processing could be inconsistent, especially in low-light scenarios.
- Heating Issues: Some users reported the device getting warm during extended gaming sessions or while using the camera for prolonged periods.
The Mi 11X is a commendable offering in the premium mid-range segment, especially for users who prioritize a high-refresh-rate display and solid performance. With its 120Hz AMOLED display, reliable performance, and fast charging, it provides a balanced smartphone experience for its price. While there are certain areas where compromises are evident, such as the camera performance and software experience, the overall package is compelling for those seeking a balance between features, performance, and price. For users who want a near-flagship experience without the associated flagship price tag, the Mi 11X is a strong contender.