Overview: The Samsung Galaxy A72 is a mid-range smartphone that was released in March 2021. It’s part of Samsung’s popular A-series lineup, known for offering a balance of features and affordability. Let’s explore the pros, cons, and key features of the Samsung Galaxy A72.
- Impressive Display: The Galaxy A72 features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution. It delivers vibrant colors, deep blacks, and excellent viewing angles.
- Versatile Camera System: One of the standout features of this device is its quad-camera setup, which includes a 64-megapixel primary camera, a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, an 8-megapixel telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom, and a 5-megapixel macro camera. It allows for versatile photography and produces quality photos in various conditions.
- Long Battery Life: With a 5000mAh battery, the Galaxy A72 offers impressive battery life, easily lasting a full day of heavy usage. It also supports 25W fast charging.
- IP67 Rating: This phone is water and dust resistant, which is a valuable feature for added durability and peace of mind.
- Smooth Performance: Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor and 6GB or 8GB of RAM (depending on the variant), the A72 delivers smooth performance for everyday tasks and gaming.
- Expandable Storage: It offers expandable storage via a microSD card slot, allowing users to add more storage for apps, photos, and videos.
- One UI Software: Samsung’s One UI software offers a clean and user-friendly interface with regular software updates.
- Plastic Build: Unlike some other mid-range devices, the Galaxy A72 features a plastic back, which may not feel as premium as glass or metal.
- Not 5G-Capable: In a market where 5G connectivity is becoming more common, the Galaxy A72 is limited to 4G LTE.
- No Wireless Charging: Despite its impressive features, it lacks wireless charging, which some users may miss.
- Heavy and Bulky: The device is relatively heavy and bulky, which may not be ideal for users looking for a more compact phone.
Comparison to Other Technologies: Compared to other mid-range smartphones in its price range, the Samsung Galaxy A72 stands out with its camera system, display quality, and long battery life. It competes well with devices like the Google Pixel 4a, OnePlus Nord, and Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite.
Common Issue/Problem: One common issue reported by some users is occasional overheating, especially during resource-intensive tasks or gaming. This can lead to performance throttling to prevent damage to the device.
Conclusion: The Samsung Galaxy A72 is a solid mid-range smartphone that offers a fantastic display, versatile camera system, long battery life, and a clean software experience. While it has a few drawbacks, such as a plastic build and lack of 5G, it provides excellent value for users seeking a feature-rich device without breaking the bank.