The Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro are the latest additions to Google’s Pixel lineup, succeeding the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. Here’s a comprehensive review based on the information provided:
Features and Specifications:
- Design: Both phones continue the distinctive Pixel design language, with a two-tone back color scheme and a large camera bar, now made of aluminum.
- Display: The Pixel 7 features a 6.3-inch FHD+ OLED display with a 90 Hz refresh rate, while the Pixel 7 Pro boasts a 6.7-inch QHD+ LTPO OLED display with a 120 Hz variable refresh rate.
- Camera: Both models come with a 50 MP wide rear camera and a 12 MP ultrawide rear camera. The Pixel 7 Pro also has an additional 48 MP telephoto camera with 5× optical zoom. The front camera on both phones is a 10.8 MP ultrawide lens.
- Battery: The Pixel 7 is powered by a 4355 mAh battery, and the Pixel 7 Pro has a 5000 mAh battery. Both support fast charging, Qi wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging.
- Performance: Both phones are powered by the second-generation Google Tensor chip. The Pixel 7 offers 8 GB of RAM with storage options of 128 GB or 256 GB, while the Pixel 7 Pro comes with 12 GB of RAM and storage options ranging from 128 GB to 512 GB.
- Software: The phones shipped with Android 13 and will receive at least three years of major OS upgrades and five years of security updates.
- Competitive Pricing: The Pixel 7 series is priced competitively, offering high-end features at a relatively affordable price point.
- Camera Capabilities: The camera system, especially on the Pixel 7 Pro, has been highly praised for its capabilities and features.
- Software Features: The phones come with several new and enhanced software features, including enhancements to Night Sight, Real Tone, and new features like Guided Frame, Photo Unblur, and Cinematic Blur.
- Battery Life: Some reviewers found the battery life to be lacking, especially when compared to other flagship phones.
- AI Features: Some of the new AI features were found to be “underwhelming” by certain reviewers.
Comparison to Other Technologies:
The Pixel 7 series is seen as an incremental improvement over the Pixel 6 series. While the design and features have been refined, some reviewers believe the phones to be only marginally superior to their predecessors.
The Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro were officially announced on October 6, 2022, and were released in the United States on October 13, 2022.
While the Pixel 7 series has been generally well-received, some users and reviewers have pointed out concerns about the battery life. Additionally, some of the new AI features introduced in the Pixel 7 series were found to be less impressive than expected.
In conclusion, the Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro are solid entries in the Pixel lineup, offering a combination of powerful hardware, impressive camera capabilities, and the latest software features. However, like all tech products, they come with their own set of pros and cons that potential buyers should consider.