The Google Pixel 7 Pro is the latest flagship offering from Google, building upon the success of its predecessor, the Pixel 6 Pro. With a price tag of $899, it offers a range of enhancements and refinements, making it one of the top Android phones to consider in 2022.
Features and Specifications:
- Display: 6.7-inch LTPO, 3,120×1,440 pixels, 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Google Tensor G2
- Storage/RAM: Options include 12GB + 128GB, 12GB + 256GB, and 12GB + 512GB
- Camera: 50-megapixel main, 12-megapixel ultrawide, and 48-megapixel telephoto
- Battery: 5,000 mAh
- Software: Android 13
- Stellar camera with new features and improvements
- Classy design refinements
- Android 13 offers a smooth user experience
- Competitive pricing compared to other flagships
- Battery life is decent but not exceptional
- Some design elements, like the aluminum strip, may be prone to scratches
- Might be too large for users who prefer compact phones
Comparison to Other Technologies:
The Pixel 7 Pro competes closely with the Apple iPhone 14 Pro and the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. While the iPhone and Galaxy might have certain advantages in specific areas, the Pixel 7 Pro offers a balanced performance, especially in photography, at a more competitive price point.
The phone was launched October 2022.
- Battery life, while decent, might not last into the second day for heavy users.
- Potential for scratches on the aluminum strip.
- Night mode images might struggle with flaring in the presence of bright lights.
The Google Pixel 7 Pro is a worthy successor to the Pixel 6 Pro. While it might not be a revolutionary upgrade, it offers significant refinements in design, camera capabilities, and overall performance. It’s a top contender in the Android flagship market, especially for those who prioritize photography. The phone provides a premium experience at a competitive price, making it a strong choice for Android enthusiasts and general users alike.