The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is essentially an enhanced version of the Galaxy Note, boasting a faster built-in S Pen, significant camera upgrades, a brighter display, and quicker charging capabilities. Although it stands out as an exceptional phone, its high price and reduced battery life compared to its predecessor, the S21 Ultra, are notable drawbacks.
Features and Specifications:
- Operating System: Android version 12, One UI 4.1
- Display: 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED (3088 x 1440) with a refresh rate of 1-120Hz
- Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (US), Exynos 2200 (UK)
- RAM: Options of 8GB and 12GB
- Storage: Options ranging from 128GB to 1TB (non-expandable)
- Rear Cameras: 108MP main, 12MP ultrawide, dual 10MP telephoto lenses
- Front Camera: 40MP
- Battery: 5,000 mAh with a battery life ranging from 8:50 to 10:18 hours depending on settings
- Size and Weight: 6.43 x 3.07 x 0.35 inches, 8 ounces
- Colors: Phantom Black, Phantom White, Burgundy, Green
- Built-in faster S Pen
- Extremely bright display
- Enhanced low-light camera performance
- Sleek design
- Faster 45W charging
- Less RAM than the previous model
- Shorter battery life compared to the S21 Ultra
Comparison to Other Technologies:
The Galaxy S22 Ultra aims to surpass competitors like the iPhone 13 Pro Max and Google Pixel 6 Pro in the camera department. However, while it offers several improvements, it’s priced $100 to $300 higher than its main competitors.
Around February, 2022
Some users have reported display issues, particularly with Exynos-powered devices, where strange static-like bands appear across the screen. Samsung has acknowledged the issue and promised a fix.
The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is a powerhouse, especially for those who loved the Galaxy Note series. With its enhanced S Pen, brighter display, and camera improvements, it’s a top contender in the smartphone market. However, its higher price point and certain drawbacks, like reduced RAM and battery life, might make potential buyers think twice. Overall, it’s an excellent choice for those seeking a high-end Android experience with a focus on productivity and photography.