Overview: The Xiaomi Poco X3, often referred to as Pocophone X3 in some regions, is a mid-range smartphone that was launched in September 2020. It’s part of Xiaomi’s Poco lineup, known for offering high value for the price. Let’s delve into the pros, cons, and key features of the Xiaomi Poco X3.
- High Refresh Rate Display: The Poco X3 boasts a 6.67-inch Full HD+ display with a remarkable 120Hz refresh rate. This results in smoother animations and improved gaming experiences.
- Impressive Performance: Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G processor and available in multiple RAM and storage configurations, the Poco X3 delivers snappy performance, capable of handling multitasking and gaming with ease.
- Large Battery: With a substantial 6000mAh battery, the phone offers exceptional battery life, easily lasting a full day or more on a single charge.
- Fast Charging: The device supports 33W fast charging, allowing for quick top-ups when needed.
- Versatile Camera System: It features a quad-camera setup, including a 64-megapixel primary camera, a 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor, offering a range of photography options.
- Stereo Speakers: The Poco X3 comes with stereo speakers, providing a more immersive audio experience.
- Side-Mounted Fingerprint Sensor: The fingerprint sensor is conveniently placed on the side, making it quick and easy to unlock the device.
- Affordable Price: One of the most significant advantages of the Poco X3 is its affordability, offering an impressive set of features at a budget-friendly price point.
- Bulky and Heavy: Due to its large battery, the Poco X3 is quite bulky and heavy, which may not be comfortable for all users.
- MIUI Bloatware: The device runs Xiaomi’s MIUI, which comes with some pre-installed apps and bloatware, which some users may find unwanted.
- Plastic Back: Like many mid-range phones, the Poco X3 features a plastic back, which may not feel as premium as glass or metal.
- No Wireless Charging: Despite its impressive features, it lacks wireless charging.
- HDR Content Limitation: The display is HDR10 certified, but the phone may not support streaming HDR content from all apps due to software limitations.
Comparison to Other Technologies: In its price range, the Xiaomi Poco X3 competes favorably with devices like the OnePlus Nord, Realme 7 Pro, and Samsung Galaxy M51. It stands out with its high refresh rate display and large battery.
Common Issue/Problem: One common issue reported by some users is occasional touch screen sensitivity problems, which may result in missed taps or swipes. This issue can be addressed with software updates.
Conclusion: The Xiaomi Poco X3 is a feature-packed mid-range smartphone that offers excellent value for its price. With a high refresh rate display, strong performance, a versatile camera system, and long battery life, it caters to users seeking a balance between performance and affordability. While it has a few drawbacks, it remains a compelling choice for budget-conscious consumers.