The Realme 7 Pro is part of Realme’s series that focuses on offering a balanced set of features with an emphasis on performance and value. Here’s an in-depth review of the Realme 7 Pro:
Launched in 2020, the Realme 7 Pro is positioned as a mid-range device, aiming to provide users with a premium experience in terms of display, camera, and fast charging, all at an affordable price point.
- Operating System: Shipped with Android 10, with Realme UI on top.
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G.
- Memory: Options of 6/8 GB RAM with 128 GB internal storage, expandable via a microSD slot.
- Camera: Quad rear camera setup – 64 MP primary sensor, 8 MP ultrawide lens, 2 MP macro camera, and a 2 MP depth sensor. The front camera is a 32 MP shooter.
- Battery: 4500 mAh non-removable battery with a whopping 65W SuperDart Charge fast charging.
- Other Features: In-display fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Fast Charging: One of the standout features is the 65W SuperDart Charge, which can charge the phone from 0% to 100% in just about 34 minutes.
- Display: The Super AMOLED display ensures vibrant colors and deep blacks, providing an excellent multimedia experience.
- Performance: The Snapdragon 720G chipset offers smooth performance for everyday tasks and gaming.
- Camera Capabilities: The 64 MP primary camera captures detailed shots, and the overall camera setup provides versatility for different shooting scenarios.
- Value for Money: Given its specifications and features, the device offers excellent value for its price.
- Plastic Build: While the device has a premium design, it uses a plastic back, which might not feel as premium as devices with glass or metal builds.
- Realme UI: While feature-rich, some users might find the UI to be heavy and would prefer a cleaner software experience.
- Lack of High Refresh Rate: Unlike some competitors, the Realme 7 Pro sticks to a standard 60Hz refresh rate.
Comparisons to Other Technologies:
In its price bracket, the Realme 7 Pro faced competition from:
- Redmi Note 9 Pro Max: Offering a larger battery, Snapdragon 720G, and a similar quad-camera setup.
- Samsung Galaxy M31: Known for its massive 6000 mAh battery, Super AMOLED display, and Exynos 9611 chipset.
- Moto G 5G: Emphasizing 5G connectivity with its Snapdragon 750G chipset.
The Realme 7 Pro was announced in September 2020.
- Software Bloat: Some users reported bloatware and occasional ads/promotions in the UI, which can be considered intrusive.
- Camera Processing: While the hardware is decent, some users felt the camera software processing could be inconsistent, especially in low-light scenarios.
- Weight Distribution: Some users mentioned that the phone felt a bit top-heavy, affecting the overall hand feel.
The Realme 7 Pro is a compelling offering in the mid-range segment, especially for users who prioritize fast charging and a quality display. With its rapid charging capability, reliable performance, and versatile camera setup, it provides a well-rounded smartphone experience for its price. While there are certain areas where compromises are evident, such as the plastic build and software experience, the overall package is compelling for those seeking a balance between features, performance, and price. For users looking for a feature-rich smartphone without spending a fortune, the Realme 7 Pro is a strong contender.