The Realme Narzo 30 Pro is part of Realme’s Narzo series, which is aimed at younger consumers, emphasizing performance and gaming at an affordable price point. Here’s an in-depth review of the Realme Narzo 30 Pro:
Launched in 2021, the Realme Narzo 30 Pro is positioned as a budget-friendly device within Realme’s lineup, aiming to offer a blend of performance, camera capabilities, and value, with the added benefit of 5G connectivity.
- Operating System: Shipped with Android 10, with Realme UI on top.
- Display: 6.5-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, boasting a 90Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 800U 5G.
- Memory: Options of 6/8 GB RAM with 64/128 GB internal storage, expandable via a microSD slot.
- Camera: Triple rear camera setup – 48 MP primary sensor, 8 MP ultrawide lens, and a 2 MP macro camera. The front camera is a 16 MP shooter.
- Battery: 5000 mAh non-removable battery with 30W Dart Charge fast charging.
- Other Features: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, 3.5mm headphone jack, and a dedicated microSD slot.
- 5G Connectivity: The MediaTek Dimensity 800U chipset brings 5G connectivity to the budget segment, making the device future-proof.
- Display: The 90Hz refresh rate ensures a smoother user experience, especially when navigating the UI or playing supported games.
- Battery Life and Charging: The 5000 mAh battery can last a day with moderate use, and the 30W Dart Charge ensures a quick recharge.
- Software Features: Realme UI offers a range of customization options and features, enhancing the user experience.
- Value for Money: The device offers a good balance of specifications for its price point, especially considering the 5G capability.
- Camera Performance: While the primary sensor is decent for well-lit scenarios, the overall camera performance can be inconsistent, especially in low light.
- Build Quality: The device uses a plastic back and frame, which might not feel as premium as devices with glass or metal builds.
- Bloatware: Some users find the pre-installed apps in Realme UI to be unnecessary and would prefer a cleaner software experience.
Comparisons to Other Technologies:
In its price bracket, the Realme Narzo 30 Pro faced competition from:
- Redmi Note 10: Offering a Super AMOLED display, Snapdragon 678, and a 48 MP primary camera.
- Samsung Galaxy A32 5G: With its MediaTek Dimensity 720, 48 MP primary camera, and a 5000 mAh battery.
- Moto G Power (2021): Emphasizing battery life with its Snapdragon 662 and a 5000 mAh battery.
The Realme Narzo 30 Pro was announced in February 2021.
- Software Updates: Some users reported delays in receiving software updates or patches.
- Camera Processing: While the primary camera is decent, the image processing can sometimes produce inconsistent results, especially in low light.
- Ads in UI: Some users reported occasional promotional content or suggestions in the UI, which can be considered intrusive.
The Realme Narzo 30 Pro is a commendable offering in the budget segment, especially for users who prioritize 5G connectivity and performance. With its high-refresh-rate display, capable chipset, and fast charging, it provides a well-rounded smartphone experience for its price. While there are certain areas where compromises are evident, such as the camera setup and build quality, the overall package is compelling for budget-conscious consumers. For those seeking a balance between performance, 5G connectivity, and price, the Realme Narzo 30 Pro is a worthy contender.